Fox News’ Chris Wallace calls Jen Psaki 'one of the best press secretaries ever'
"Those are two people at the top of their game," Wallace said, referring to an exchange between Peter Doocy and Jen Psaki.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
"Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace called White House press secretary Jen Psaki "one of the best press secretaries ever" on Friday following an exchange with his colleague, Peter Doocy.
After Fox News White House correspondent Doocy pressed Psaki regarding President Biden's comments Thursday on visiting the border, Wallace said in a clip cut by Mediaite, "Honestly, as somebody who's spent six years in the White House, my immediate reaction was those are two people at the top of their game."
"I mean this as a compliment. I think he has become the Sam Donaldson of this White House press corps," he continued, referring to ABC News' Chief White House Correspondent who was known for aggressively questioning President Ronald Reagan in the 1980s.
"And since I was working in the press corps when Sam Donaldson was there, that's a very grudging compliment on my part," Wallace said, who was NBC News' Chief White House Correspondent at the time.
"And Jen Psaki, I think, is one of the best press secretaries ever," he added.
"I don't know that anything was particularly accomplished, but they both gave and got pretty good."
Former White House press secretary under President Trump, Sean Spicer, tweeted the link to video.
News, not Noise
- Researchers shoot holes in study touted for confirming 'masks work' in curbing COVID
- Mike Pence: 'There were irregularities' in 2020 election, feels he made right decision Jan. 6
- Biden legal defeats rapidly piling up across the nation on broad array of policy fronts
- Dying COVID-19 patient recovers after court orders ivermectin treatment
- Georgia sues Biden DOJ for evidence of ‘colluding or conspiring’ with outsiders to fight voter law