CNN fires Chris Cuomo after probe into assistance to embattled brother
“This is not how I want my time at CNN to end,” Cuomo says.
CNN on Saturday fired anchor Chris Cuomo following a probe into his assistance to his embattled brother and now disgraced ex-New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo
The network You should’ve statement Saturday evening saying that, I’ve been quoting got terminated “effective immediately.”
“Chris Cuomo was suspended earlier this week pending further evaluation of new information that came to light about his involvement with his brother's defense,” CNN said. “We retained a respected law firm to conduct the review, and have terminated him, effective immediately."
Chris Cuomo issued his own statement after the decision.
"This is not how I want my time at CNN to end but I have already told you why and how I helped my brother,” the anchor said. “So let me now say as disappointing as this is, I could not be more proud of the team at Cuomo Prime Time and the work we did as CNN's #1 show in the most competitive time slot. I owe them all and will miss that group of special people who did really important work."
News, not Noise
- GOP Reps. Jordan, Johnson demand FBI respond to concerns about possible FISA application violations
- Whistleblower bombshell: DOD medical data reveals surges in oft-cited vax 'adverse events' in 2021
- Truckers inspired by Canada begin 'freedom' convoys around the world
- Infectious disease expert at Fauci's NIAID undercuts the boss by challenging school mask mandates
- Pfizer attempts to intervene after FDA asks court to delay publication of 55,000 pages on vaccine