AOC responded to report of Sen. Joe Manchin being undecided on Biden's pick for Interior secretary
"Jeff Sessions was so openly racist that even Reagan couldn’t appoint him. Manchin voted to confirm him," Rep. Ocasio-Cortez tweeted.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Monday responded to reporting that Sen. Joe Manchin remained undecided on Biden's nomination of Rep. Deb Haaland to serve as Interior secretary.
"Jeff Sessions was so openly racist that even Reagan couldn't appoint him," Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. "Manchin voted to confirm him. Sessions then targeted immigrant children for wide-scale human rights abuses w/ family separation. Yet the 1st Native woman to be Cabinet Sec is where Manchin finds unease?"
If confirmed to serve in the post, Haaland, a New Mexico Democrat, would become the first Native American Cabinet secretary.
News, Not Noise
- Once-secret FBI informant reports reveal wider-ranging operation to spy on Trump campaign
- Mitch McConnell sees favorability drop after break with Trump, trails far behind Schumer, McCarthy
- Rep. Thomas Massie: U.S. creditors may soon stop loaning money to the federal government
- After defying COVID groupthink, Big Tech censors, DeSantis hosts CPAC as rising GOP star for 2024
- Bannon: Time to 'retire' for Missouri's Blunt, GOP senator 'carrying water' for Biden