Former Alaska Sen. Mike Gravel, who read Pentagon Papers into Congressional Record, has died at 91
Gravel passed away on Saturday at the age of 91.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former Sen. Mike Gravel, who served two terms as a Democratic senator from the state of Alaska from 1969 to 1981, has passed away at the age of 91-years-old.
The Associated Press reported that Gravel died on Saturday, according to his daughter Lynne Mosier.
While serving in the Senate in 1971 Gravel read 4,100 pages of the Pentagon Papers into the Congressional Record amid a one-man filibuster in opposition to the Vietnam-era draft, according to the outlet.
News, not Noise
- 65% of voters agree with Sen. Blackburn: Buttigieg should 'get back to work or leave': poll
- Democrats cut 'human infrastructure' spending plan, but compromise still out of reach
- New anti-Biden 'Let's Go Brandon' song censored on social media, hits #1 on iTunes
- School boards group that equated parental activism with 'domestic terrorism' owes IRS $20 million
- Demand for forensic audits of 2020 election in all 50 states rapidly gaining support