GOP Rep. Greene introduces bill to cut Fauci's $400,000 salary to zero until he is replaced
"Fauci is the highest paid ($434,312) of all 4 million federal employees, including the President"
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene on Thursday said she is introducing a bill to strip Dr. Anthony Fauci of his government salary.
In a press release Greene posted on Twitter, the controversial Georgia Republican said her "Fire Fauci Act" would decrease "Dr. Always Wrong's pay to $0 and the 'We Will Not Comply Act' will 'prevent discrimination against the unvaccinated.' "
Greene said the Fire Fauci Act will:
- Remind the American public that Dr. Fauci is the highest paid ($434,312) of all 4 million federal employees, including the president.
- Cite numerous findings about Dr. Fauci’s evolving and contradictory advice on COVID-19.
- Reduce Dr. Fauci’s salary to $0 until a new NIAID administrator is confirmed by the Senate.
- Direct the Government Accounting Office to conduct a study about the correspondence, financials, and policy memos inside the NIAID before COVID through the end of this year. This will allow us to see what Fauci and the NIAID knew, when they knew it, what they spent money on, and how the agency responded to the virus.
The bill has little if any chance of passage in the Democrat-controlled House. Fauci has made several seemingly contradictory statements during the pandemic about the virus and related health-safety measures – including one on mask wearing.
The annual salary for Fauci, director of the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Disease, makes him "the highest paid doctor in the federal government and the highest paid out of all 4 million federal employees," Forbes reported.
In fact, Fauci's salary is more than the president of the United States' annual $400,000 pay.
Fauci, now President Biden's chief medical adviser, will make $2.5 million if he keeps his government job through 2024, which marks the end of the administration's first term. The projected income does not factor in raises.
Forbes also reports Fauci made $3.6 million from 2010 to 2019. Since 2014, His pay increased from $335,000 to the current $417,608.
News, Not Noise
- Investigation finds massive wrongdoing by prosecutor in case against ex-Missouri governor
- Biden issues National Day of Prayer Proclamation that does not include the word 'God'
- Fauci's agency spent over $400k on experiments grafting aborted fetal scalps onto mice and rats
- Kansas GOP lawmakers override Democratic governor's vetos on election bills, make them into law
- Arizona GOP chairwoman rejects election audit attacks: 'World-class experts' conducting review