House GOP presses ex-intel officials about dismissing Hunter Biden laptop before 2020 election
Former CIA Director John Brennan was among the 12 officials who received letters from the House Republicans.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
House Republican leaders are demanding a dozen former U.S. intelligence officials to answer about why they dismissed Hunter Biden’s laptop as Russian disinformation before the 2020 presidential election.
Reps. Jim Jordan, the House Judiciary Committee chairman, and Mike Turner, the House Intelligence Committee chairman, sent a letter Monday to the 12 former intelligence officials who were among the 51 who signed a letter in October 2020 attesting the laptop belonging to President Biden's son was actually "Russia trying to influence how Americans vote."
The lawmakers told the former top U.S. officials that Congress has made previous requests for documents about their 2020 letter.
"You have been on notice about our oversight requests—and aware the requests are outstanding—for months," they wrote, according to The Washington Times. "Accordingly, we reiterate our requests and ask that you comply promptly."
Former CIA Director John Brennan, former National Security Agency Director Michael Hayden and former National Intelligence Director James Clapper Jr. were among the officials who received letters from the chairmen, both Ohio Republicans.
President Joe Biden has denied knowledge about his son's questionable overseas business deals, which were detailed on the laptop. Hunter Biden is demanding investigations into how materials on his laptop were disseminated, and he is threatening to sue Fox News host Tucker Carlson for his reporting on the issue.
Just News, No Noise
- Trump decries weaponized probes against political figures: ‘Worse than ballot stuffing’
- US Judge gives a lecture on free speech at Notre Dame after being shouted down at Stanford
- Operation Lone Star: More than 30,000 foreign nationals turned back to Mexico
- DOD announces removal of woke DEI Chief from military children's schools
- Andrew Cuomo calls out Georgia and New York Trump investigations, says they're politically motivated