Nancy Pelosi booed at music festival in NYC
Pelosi continued with her speech, stating that the recently enacted "Inflation Reduction Act" would produce "better water and air for our children."
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was booed at the New York City Global Citizen Festival where she made a guest appearance.
According to a twitter video, Pelosi was heckled and cheered when she came onto the stage of the music festival in Central Park to discuss climate change and cutting carbon emissions.
"As speaker of the house, I am here to thank you for your dazzling advocacy, entrepreneurial thinking, and determination as global citizens," Pelosi said to the crowd, according to the New York Post.
"It's thanks to your help that the United States recently enacted historic climate legislation, which will be a game changer," Pelosi continued. "It will slash carbon pollution by 40% by 2030, it will give a historic, an historic $370 billion to fight the climate crisis."
Pelosi continued with her speech, stating that the bill would produce "better water and air for our children" and "better-paying jobs and lower energy bills for their parents," the New York Post reports.
Global Citizen thanked the house speaker via twitter for coming to the festival and making a guest appearance.
"Thank you, @SpeakerPelosi for recognizing Global Citizens all around the world who took action in support of the new, historic climate legislation in the US!" the tweet stated.
Just News, No Noise
- GOP Rep. Greene seeks probe on why Trump not told about previous spy balloons
- Kari Lake headed to Iowa for political events, raising national profile
- Top general admits NORAD failed to detect earlier Chinese spy balloons in U.S. air space
- GOP Rep. Miller to skip State of the Union
- China spy balloon episode a Sputnik learning moment for America, black eye for Pentagon