Rep. Steny Hoyer says House will vote Friday on COVID relief package
"The House will vote on Friday on @POTUS' #AmericanRescuePlan to end this pandemic and deliver urgently needed relief to America's families and small businesses," Hoyer tweeted.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
House Majority Leader Rep. Steny Hoyer tweeted on Tuesday night that the House will vote Friday on a coronavirus relief package.
"The House will vote on Friday on @POTUS’ #AmericanRescuePlan to end this pandemic and deliver urgently needed relief to America's families and small businesses. The American people strongly support this bill, and we are moving swiftly to see it enacted into law," the Maryland Democrat tweeted.
If the legislation passes in the House it will also need to pass in the Senate before heading to President Biden's desk.
News, Not Noise
- President Biden calls for all employers to give workers paid leave if they need it to get vaccinated
- Census data show long rise in single-parent homes; experts link to wide array of social ills
- Hunter Biden business ambitions in China included building SeaWorld parks, memos show
- Columnist, pundit Juan Williams says TV show host rejected him for not being 'black enough'
- GOP Congresswoman on ending MLB antitrust exemption: 'Make them compete'