Autopsy reveals details of Eliza Fletcher's gruesome death
Abston faces first-degree murder charges and prosecutors have not ruled out seeking the death penalty.
An autopsy report has revealed that Tennessee heiress Eliza Fletcher died of a gunshot wound to the back of the head.
A forensic pathologist with the West Tennessee Regional Forensic Center ruled her death a homicide, per WREG. Fletcher left behind two children.
Authorities discovered Fletcher's body in early September. Surveillance footage appeared to show Cleotha Abston force her into his vehicle. A Tennessee judge ordered Abston held without bond. His motive remains officially unknown, though many outlets have highlighted that Fletcher hails from a billionaire family.
Abston faces first-degree murder charges and prosecutors have not ruled out seeking the death penalty. He previously served 20 years in prison for aggravated kidnapping, the New York Post reported.
He is expected to next appear in court on Oct. 5.
Just News, No Noise
- Scientist who worked closely with the Wuhan lab says COVID was genetically engineered and leaked
- Justices puzzled by Colorado's argument for forcing Christian designer to make gay wedding websites
- Calls for investigations grow over Katie Hobbs' alleged use of Twitter censorship, 1A issues
- New Hampshire senators skipping WH event to protest Biden support for Dem primary changes
- Louisiana, Missouri AGs release 359-page Fauci deposition in social media collusion lawsuit