Georgia sues Biden DOJ for evidence of ‘colluding or conspiring’ with outsiders to fight voter law
More than 90 days have passed since Georgia filed a FOIA request on the Justice Department's case against the state's election integrity law.
Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger (R-GA) filed a lawsuit against the Biden administration's Department of Justice (DOJ) for information about the department’s lawsuit against Georgia’s election integrity law.
Raffensperger’s lawsuit seeks to enforce a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request sent by the secretary months prior to find the motivations behind the DOJ’s initial case.
"Considering how blatantly political the Biden lawsuit against Georgia’s commonsense election law was from the beginning, it’s no surprise they would stonewall our request for basic transparency," Raffensperger said. "I will always fight for truth and integrity in Georgia’s elections."
Biden’s DOJ filed a lawsuit in June to challenge the Peach State’s Election Integrity Act of 2021.
At the time, Gov. Brian Kemp (R) called the lawsuit "disgusting" and said it was "weaponizing the U.S. Department of Justice."
Raffensberger filed a FOIA to obtain communications by the Biden DOJ, Congress, and other entities about the law and subsequent case.
More than 90 days later, Raffensperger has yet to receive a response other than a confirmation of the FOIA’s receipt.
The Secretary of State’s lawsuit notes that the Biden DOJ’s lack of response deprives "Plaintiffs and the public of vital information needed to determine the extent to which and by what methods the Government is colluding or conspiring with outside entities to carry out a political agenda."
Just News, No Noise
- As House GOP secures first cooperation in Biden probe, pressure grows for damage assessment
- GOP Sen. Cotton vows to stall nominations until Congress gets Biden, Trump classified docs
- Brits yank back COVID vaccination program as US plunges forward with one-size-fits-all strategy
- Former FBI assistant director of Intelligence says the FBI should do a damage report on Biden family
- Progressive group slams Schiff after Senate campaign announcement