Former Trump adviser Stephen Miller starts group to help mount legal challenges to Biden policies
"Anything the president does that we believe to be illegal is fair game," Miller said.
Former President Trump aide Stephen Miller is forming a law organization to challenge President Biden's actions that Miller thinks are illegal.
"Anything the president does that we believe to be illegal is fair game," Miller said about his "America First Legal," according to The Wall Street Journal.
Miller hope to get help from former Trump administration lawyers and Republican state attorneys general to help lawyers across the country who need financial or legal help with their cases.
Miller said he was inspired by the litigation tactics of such former Trump's detractors as the American Civil Liberties Union.
"We wouldn’t get just one lawsuit in one court, we’d get six lawsuits in six courts," Miller said. "It was an extraordinarily effective tactic, and there’s no counterpoint to that on our side."
By August, 2020, the ACLU had filed 400 legal actions against the Trump administration. Some challenges were related to Trump's attempt to include citizenship status in the 2020 census and the unaccompanied minors in immigration detention facilities access to abortions.
Miller, a key Trump immigration policy adviser, has yet to disclose how much funding the organization has received but acknowledged needing more time, money and donors to to be as successful in challenging court decisions.
"Conservatives and America First supporters badly need to catch up and turn the tables, which is why I applaud Stephen and (former White House Chief of Staff) Mark Meadows for rushing to fill this critical void," Trump told The Journal.
News, Not Noise
- Investigation finds massive wrongdoing by prosecutor in case against ex-Missouri governor
- Kansas GOP lawmakers override Democratic governor's vetos on election bills, make them into law
- Fauci's agency spent over $400k on experiments grafting aborted fetal scalps onto mice and rats
- Arizona GOP chairwoman rejects election audit attacks: 'World-class experts' conducting review
- Trump: Cheney, McConnell, Pence muffed on 2020 election fraud, turned US into 'socialist nightmare'