WNBA star Griner pleads guilty in Russia court on drug, smuggling charges, reports
Griner is also a U.S. Olympian
U.S. basketball star Brittney Griner reportedly pleaded guilty Thursday to drug possession and smuggling charges in her trial in Russia, where she has been detained on the matter since February, according to the Associated Press.
The wire service report is based on reports from Russia news services.
Griner was arrested in February at a Russia airport for attempting to bring hash oil, allegedly in a vape pipe in her luggage, into the country.
Just News, No Noise
- With hurricane pummeling Florida, DeSantis turns from conservative fighter to nonpartisan leader
- National Archives nominee fails to clear Senate committee amid Trump-FBI raid fallout
- Trump scores another win in Mar-a-Lago case
- Outsourced censorship: Feds used private entity to target millions of social posts in 2020
- Political strategist predicts Trump-Clinton rematch in 2024