Illegal immigrant students in Virginia to be eligible for student financial aid
Democratic governor signed bill on Friday
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Illegal immigrants present in the state of Virginia will be eligible for state student financial aid starting in the fall of 2022 following a law signed by Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam on Friday.
The bill, passed by the state’s Democratic-controlled legislature, comes on the heels of one last year that permits illegal immigrants to pay in-state tuition rates at state colleges and universities.
The measure was part of several recent progressive laws signed by Northam, bills the governor claimed will “boost civic engagement and help us continue building a stronger, more inclusive commonwealth."
News, not Noise
- New video from Jan. 6 shows officers allowing people to enter Capitol
- Steele's defense of dossier collides with an avalanche of evidence to the contrary
- Eric Greitens: 'Hundreds of ID cards' on Mexican side of border, as Biden opens U.S. 'to terrorists'
- Supreme Court to consider lawsuit challenging teacher union dues
- Facebook tells Arizona AG it allows messages on human smuggling