Harris had 'routine doctor's appointment' at Walter Reed following visit with COVID-infected TX Dems
Three Texas Democrats tested positive for COVID-19.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Vice President Kamala Harris visited Walter Reed Medical Center on Sunday for a "routine doctor's appointment" following a meeting with Texas Democratic legislators on Tuesday, three of whom tested positive for COVID-19, according to reports.
One Democratic lawmaker tested positive for COVID-19 on Friday night, and two others tested positive on Saturday morning, Fox News reported.
Harris spokesperson Symone Sanders said on Saturday that the vice president had not been in close contact with the lawmakers who had tested positive.
"Based on the timeline of these positive tests, it was determined the Vice President and her staff present at the meeting were not at risk of exposure because they were not in close contact with those who tested positive and therefore do not need to be tested or quarantined," Sanders said in a statement. She added that Harris and her staff are fully vaccinated.
On Sunday, Harris tweeted, "The Delta variant is no joke. Get vaccinated."
This Delta variant is no joke. Get vaccinated.
— Vice President Kamala Harris (@VP) July 18, 2021
The rest of the legislators and their staffs had all tested negative for COVID-19, the Texas House Democratic Caucus announced on Saturday.
The Texas Democrats took a photo of themselves on a private plane from Texas to Washington, D.C., without masks on because they said they were all fully vaccinated.
The lawmakers left the state to deny the statehouse quorum to vote on an election integrity bill. Fellow legislators voted to arrest the Democrats upon their return, to bring them to the state capitol.
News, not Noise
- New Durham indictment exposes second leg of Hillary Clinton's Russia collusion dirty trick
- 'Making Taliban Great Again' billboard featuring Biden draws widespread attention
- 'Fakeout'? As lawmakers demand answers on Afghanistan, SecDef Austin shifts focus to Havana Syndrome
- Leader among Taliban opposition in Afghanistan reaches deal with DC lobbyist for support in US
- 'Justice for J6' rally puts spotlight on evidence of political motives behind Jan. 6 prosecutions