Two officers shot during Philadelphia fireworks display: report
The shooting happened during the fireworks show.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Two officers were shot during a concert and fireworks celebrating the Fourth of July in Philadelphia, sources told local NBC and Fox affiliates.
Philadelphia's Emergency Management Office confirmed that a "security incident" occurred and urged people to "avoid the area" on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway shortly after 10 p.m.
A Philadelphia highway patrol officer was grazed in the head while a Montgomery County bomb squad officer, brought in as added security, was shot in the shoulder, Fox stated.
Both officers are stable.
Singer Jason Derulo headlined a concert Monday near where the shooting occurred.
Police told people to shelter in place in the surrounding area, NBC reported.
The Philadelphia Police Department set up a reunification center for people who may have been separated in the chaos.
The shooting occurred after six people were killed in a Chicago-area shooting earlier that day during a parade.
Just News, No Noise
- Two years later, Jan. 6 video footage raises new questions about police and prosecutors
- DHS heavily redacted Disinformation Board emails despite claiming agency had nothing to hide
- Durham bombshell: Prosecutor unveils smoking gun FBI text message, 'joint venture' to smear Trump
- Six Minutes of Heroism: Watch Nashville cops race through school to neutralize shooter
- Ethics clouds shadow 4 Democrat House members, including Senate hopefuls, 'Squad' icons