Disney theme parks drop ‘boys and girls’ salutation from fireworks show, angering some fans
The new greeting now begins, “Good evening, dreamers of all ages.”
Disney theme parks in the United States have changed their long-standing salutation for their nightly fireworks shows to drop references to gender.
The announcements of upcoming fireworks shows at Disneyland and Disney World used to begin with, “Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, dreamers of all ages.”
The new announcement, introduced in testing last week, now begins “Good evening, dreamers of all ages,” according to the Orange County Register.
Management says the change is part of a larger overhaul to create more inclusion inside Disney parks.
“It’s part of a broader effort,” a Disney spokesperson told CBS News. “It’s not about one or two things.”
Some fans took to social media to express their dismay.
“I HATE THAT. BRING IT BACK NOW!!!” one fan tweeted.
“Walt would never do that,” another wrote.
News, not Noise
- Washington DC suburb eyes taxing residents for rain on their roofs, driveways, parking lots
- Governments warn of heart problems from COVID vaccines, but Twitter calls research 'unsafe'
- Elon Musk calls for Congress to throw out Biden's entire Build Back Better bill: 'Don't pass it'
- 'All Lives Matter to our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ' sign got football coach fired: lawsuit
- Manchin: Without 'bipartisan buy-in,' Biden's budget reconciliation bill 'won't last'