Jeffrey Toobin to leave CNN after surviving masturbation scandal
The New Yorker fired him from his position at the magazine after 27 years following the incident
CNN's top legal analyst will leave the network following a decades-long career.
Jeffrey Toobin, who was temporarily suspended from the network after famously playing a solo on the Devil's clarinet on a Zoom call in front of his coworkers, made the announcement via Twitter on Friday.
The network suspended Toobin after he was caught masturbating on a Zoom call in 2020. He claimed he thought he had turned off his camera at the time.
"I think one point, I wouldn't exactly say in my defense, because nothing is really in my defense, I didn't think I was on the call, I didn't think other people could see me," he said. He returned to primetime with an apology in June of 2021, resuming his prior roll with minimal penalty.
The New Yorker fired him from his position at the magazine after 27 years following the incident.
Just News, No Noise
- CNN airs Trump clip with NYT reporter talking Jan. 6
- U.S. airstrike takes out top-ranked al-Shabab leader
- Federally backed censorship machine raises separation of powers, election meddling questions
- Two prominent conservatives say they're considering suing federal government for censorship
- Sen. Rick Scott: Republicans will take back U.S. Senate in November