VP Harris gets backlash for tweet lauding Dr. Seuss, after books canceled for racist, hurtful images
"Happy birthday, Dr. Seuss!" Harris tweeted in 2017.
Vice President Kamala Harris is facing backlash for a past tweet wishing happy birthday to Dr. Seuss, after the company that publishes the beloved author's children's books stopped publishing six of them after concluding they included racist and hurtful imagery.
"Happy birthday, Dr. Seuss! 'The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go,'" Harris tweeted in 2017.
Media analyst Mark Dice on Tuesday called Harris hypocritical, while Washington Times columnist Tim Young and Washington Examiner columnist Siraj Hashmi replied with pictures poking fun at the vice president for her tweet.
The company that publishes the book, Dr. Seuss Enterprises, also manages other parts of the author's legacy.
News, Not Noise
- Ga. governor candidate on criticism of voter ID: 'White liberals think black people are too dumb'
- Arizona Senate on the verge of beginning major audit of Maricopa County ballots
- Mom of Breonna Taylor says activists have exploited her death, calls BLM 'fraud'
- Labor leader: Union workers buying new cars, 'remodeling their homes' after Biden pension bailout
- As corporations bow to left's agenda, conservatives eye mass boycotts of woke brands