Commentator James Lindsay permanently banned from Twitter
Onetime-liberal has become major critic of woke ideology
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Writer and mathematician James Lindsay this week was reportedly permanently banned from Twitter, with multiple supporters of the conservative critic voicing their anger over the decision on the social media platform.
Conservative accounts posted the news on Twitter on Friday morning. It was not immediately clear what had led to the ban.
Some commentators on Friday claimed that Lindsay had been "mass-reported," a tactic by which users file many violation reports in a short amount of time and which sometimes leads to moderators banning users from Twitter.
Lindsay in earlier years was supportive of liberal causes before shifting towards conservative writing and activism.
Just News, No Noise
- New twist in FBI raid: Trump had 'standing order' to declassify documents taken to residence
- Marjorie Taylor Greene files articles of impeachment against Merrick Garland
- Two Democratic lawmakers cast 10 proxy votes each on House floor in favor of $740B spending bill
- Dual system of silence? Garland, Wray clam up on Trump search after blabbing about Jan. 6 probe
- Arizona’s U.S. Senate seat rated a toss-up by election forecasters