Police: ‘Reckless driver’ in Walmart car accident turned out to be a dog
Dog reportedly ‘bounced around the cab’ before setting it in drive.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Police in Texas this week revealed that a "reckless" driver behind the wheel of a vehicle involved in a parking lot accident turned out to be a dog.
The Kilgore Police Department said in a jocular Facebook post that they "apprehended a reckless driver today after he ran into two cars in the parking lot of Walmart."
"One of the victims saw the suspect barrelling down on him but couldn't get out of the way. He was shocked to see the driver was a dog!" the police department wrote.
Police determined that the dog "was sitting in the unoccupied vehicle waiting on his humans while they shopped. He apparently got a little antsy and bounced around the cab setting this truck in motion. The steering column had some prior damage and this pooch must have placed the vehicle in drive."
"He was also wearing a [leash] and it's believed he got that caught on the emergency brake and released it," the post adds.
No injuries were reported in the incident.
Just News, No Noise
- Chinese Communist Party-linked companies are purchasing U.S. military academies, congressman warns
- Hunter Biden demands investigations into reporting on his laptop, threatens to sue Tucker Carlson
- McConnell yanks GOP Sen. Scott from Commerce Committee after failed leadership challenge
- 'Little to no difference': Massive mask meta-study undermines remaining COVID mandates
- AZ Senate rocked by claims of election violations, as Lake presses appeal in challenge to 2022 vote