Twitter locks out Citizen Free Press after video of Obama claiming Democrats control voting machines
Video resurfaced from 2008.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The popular conservative news aggregating site Citizen Free Press has been suspended from Twitter after sharing a video of former President Barack Obama suggesting that Democrats "controlled" certain voting machines ahead of his first successful presidential run.
The video, posted to the Citizen Free Press Twitter account, showed Obama at a 2008 rally at Kent State University when he was then the Democratic presidential nominee. A questioner in the audience had just asked Obama to "reassure us that this election will not be rigged or stolen."
"Well, I tell you what, it helps in Ohio that we’ve got Democrats in charge of the machines," Obama said, after which the audience applauded.
Obama went on to note that "whenever people are in power, they have this tendency to try to, you know, tilt things in their direction," with the candidate arguing in favor of a "voting rights division in the Justice Department that is non-partisan and that is serious about investigating cases of voter fraud."
The founder of Citizen Free Press, known mononymously as Kane, said on his personal account that the CFP account "was mysteriously suspended for the tweet."
In addition to suspending the main account, Twitter locked other users out from sharing or commenting on the offending tweet.
Just News, No Noise
- Chairman of the Freedom Caucus says McCarthy has signaled a willingness to work with them on issues
- Arizona Governor-elect Hobbs ultimatum to county board: Certify her election or face felony rap
- Cha-ching! EPA quietly quadruples regulatory cost of carbon emissions in new war on fossil fuels
- Air marshals plan to refuse Biden admin order to deploy to the southern border: report
- County under a cloud: Maricopa's decade-long history of election issues, from 2012 to 2022