YouTube CEO says Trump's account will eventually be permitted to operate on platform again
The reinstatement will occur "when we determine that the risk of violence has decreased," Wojcicki said.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
- YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki on Thursday said that former President Trump's account will eventually be permitted to operate again on the platform.
"I do want to confirm that we will lift the suspension of the channel," the YouTube CEO remarked at an event hosted by the Atlantic Council, according to The Hill.
The reinstatement will occur "when we determine that the risk of violence has decreased," Wojcicki said, according to the outlet. “It's pretty clear that right now where we stand that there still is that elevated risk of violence."
YouTube on Jan. 12 announced that Trump's channel would not be allowed to upload new content for at least a week, but the company later extended that by another week and then later indicated that the channel would remain suspended.
Twitter last month permanently suspended Trump, who had been a frequent user of that social media platform.
Facebook has indefinitely suspended Trump's access to his Facebook and Instagram accounts and has referred that move to its independent oversight board.
News, Not Noise
- Trump's post-D.C. plan takes shape with rollout of America First funding, policy, messaging arms
- Hunter Biden's book 'Beautiful Things' sells less than 11k copies in first week, despite PR rush
- Arizona Senate on the verge of beginning major audit of Maricopa County ballots
- Michigan: 'Strongest public health order in the Midwest’ now requires masks for 2-year-olds
- Oregon considers making mask mandate permanent, infuriating residents