Texas lawyer found dead after arrest following attempt to shoot ex-girlfriend
Accused would-be gunman posted bond earlier this week.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
A Texas attorney was found dead on Wednesday shortly after being released on bond following an attempt to shoot his ex-girlfriend at an Austin-area bar.
Austin lawyer Gavin Rush was facing multiple charges related to his attempt to shoot his ex-girlfriend at a bar in the city. The incident was caught on camera and shared widely on social media.
Authorities were criticized for releasing Rush on $40,000 bond following the charges. Police on Wednesday meanwhile reportedly discovered Rush dead when conducting a welfare check on him.
It is unclear how Rush died, but authorities had reportedly deemed his death "not considered suspicious."
During the altercation at the Austin bar, Rush reportedly tried to shoot himself in the head as several patrons restrained him.
Just News, No Noise
- Ariz. secretary of state refers Kari Lake for criminal prosecution over tweeting voter signatures
- 'Little to no difference': Massive mask meta-study undermines remaining COVID mandates
- House votes on SHOW UP Act, GOP bill to return federal employees to workplace
- House to vote Wednesday on booting Rep. Omar from Foreign Affairs Committee
- Board of Trustees oust New College president as DeSantis revamps Florida education