‘Divisive, nasty, insulting:’ Trump accuses LeBron James of racism over tweet
Former president suggests star athlete stick to basketball.
Former President Donald Trump on Thursday blasted NBA star LeBron James, accusing him of “divisive, nasty, insulting” racism for a tweet earlier this week involving an Ohio police shooting
“LeBron James should focus on basketball rather than presiding over the destruction of the NBA, which has just recorded the lowest television RATINGS, by far, in the long and distinguished history of the League,” Trump said in a statement issued by his office.
“His RACIST rants are divisive, nasty, insulting, and demeaning. He may be a great basketball player, but he is doing nothing to bring our Country together!”
James on Wednesday deleted a tweet that said "YOU'RE Next" and contained an image of the police officer who fatally shot a 16-year-old girl in Ohio, creating outrage across the country.
News, Not Noise
- Withheld routers the latest of many roadblocks to Arizona Senate's audit of 2020 election
- Florida GOP Gov. DeSantis announces state gives $1,000 each to 174,000 first-responders, 'heroes'
- My Pillow CEO Lindell says 'terminated' from Vimeo for uploading banned content
- Fauci's agency spent over $400k on experiments grafting aborted fetal scalps onto mice and rats
- Maricopa County withholding subpoenaed hardware from election audit, citing alleged 'security risk'