RNC invites Trump to speak at spring donor meeting in Palm Beach
The former president will be among the list of invitees and potential 2024 candidates asked to speak at the April meeting
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The Republican National Committee is making plans to invite former President Trump to its annual spring donor meeting in Florida.
The weekend retreat, to be held on the April 9-11 weekend in Palm Beach, will feature a several potential 2024 candidates, according to a report from Politico.
Trump has not made a public appearance since leaving office last week, and supporters and critics alike have less-than-usual insight into what he's since he was banned from Twitter after Jan. 6 Capitol breach. However, he met Thursday at his Mar-a-Lago home in Palm Beach with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and agreed to help congressional Republicans in the 2022 midterm elections.
RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, selected by Trump several years ago to lead the group, said Thursday the RNC will not endorse a candidate in the 2024 GOP presidential primary.
News, Not Noise
- Feds accused of seizing $85 million from safe deposit boxes without 'any legal basis'
- Georgia investigator's notes reveal 'massive' election integrity problems in Atlanta
- California Governor Gavin Newsom assaulted, alleged assailant charged: Report
- Georgia Secretary of State to remove 100K names from state voter rolls
- Pelosi blocking COVID-19 origins investigation with 'Soviet-style cover-up': Scalise