Trump endorses Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro
Trump's endorsement comes amid backlash in Brazil over Bolsonaro's purported response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former President Donald Trump announced his endorsement Tuesday of Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro ahead of that nation's 2022 presidential election.
"He fights hard for, and loves, the people of Brazil — Just like I do for the people of the United States," said Trump in a statement. "Brazil is lucky to have a man such as Jair Bolsonaro working for them. He is a great President and will never let the people of his great country down!"
Trump's endorsement comes amid political backlash in Brazil over Bolsonaro's purported response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to The Hill, a Brazilian Senate committee recommended Bolsonaro face criminal charges following a report by a congressional committee that he promoted unproven COVID treatments while giving the cold shoulder to vaccine manufacturer Pfizer.
Bolsonaro called the report nothing more than "fantasies," while denying any wrongdoing.
News, not Noise
- Outrageous tab: Minnesota school charges $901,000 for critical race theory records
- 'Laptop from Hell' author: Biden lied about not knowing of 'Hunter's overseas business dealings'
- Discovery of 200,000-year-old bones could shed light on recent human ancestors
- Court denies Biden administration's attempt to stay hold on vaccine mandate
- GOP candidate declared winner in Virginia state House race, Republicans will gain control of chamber