Trump pleads for Biden to make Russia-Ukraine deal, offers to help negotiate
Former President Trump said negotiations are needed immediately and the "entire world is at stake."
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former President Trump on Wednesday offered to help negotiate a deal to end Russia's now 7-month-old war on Ukraine, following reports of a major natural gas pipeline from Russia to Europe appearing to have been sabotaged.
"Be strategic, be smart (brilliant!), get a negotiated deal done NOW," Trump posted on his social media platform Truth Social. "Both sides need and want it. The entire World is at stake. I will head up group???"
Trump also posted: "U.S. 'Leadership' should remain 'cool, calm, and dry' on the SABOTAGE of the Nord Stream Pipelines. The Russia/Ukraine catastrophe should NEVER have happened, and would definitely not have happened if I were President."
About 15 minutes before offering to lead negotiations, Trump wrote on Truth Social that the apparent sabotage of the pipelines "could lead to a major escalation" in the Russia-Ukraine conflict or even to a larger "war."
Russia shut off natural gas to Europe indefinitely earlier this month due to what it said were "mechanical problems" with the Nord Stream pipelines, a set of two gas pipelines under the Baltic Sea from Russia to Germany.
The pipeline problems come as Russia is escalating its invasion of Ukraine with a "partial" military mobilization and draft.
Just News, No Noise
- Capitol Police, FBI uncover new potential deadly risk to female officers from body armor
- 'Kick non-woke patients to the curb'? Mass General Brigham speech code includes blacklist on care
- Large number of criminal juveniles entering US through DACA
- World's largest active volcano erupts on Hawaii's Big Island
- Bar association under fire for proposal to abandon LSAT after study shows minorities score lower