Georgia certifies then decertifies recount results
The certification remains expected later today
The Georgia Secretary of State issued a correction Friday afternoon, saying this state is still completing the certification process, despite an earlier announcement that the state had certified an electoral victory for Joe Biden.
Brad Raffensperger, the Republican Secretary of State, said he expects the certification will be complete later on Friday.
Joe Biden continues his transition effort, as he plans Friday to meet with top congressional Democrats.
President Trump, conversely, continues to pursue his bid to reverse the results of the election. He has invited top Republican leaders from Michigan to meet with him at the White House.
News, Not Noise
- WHO probe into COVID origins taps scientist who funneled NIH grants to suspect Wuhan lab
- Declassified memos detail effort to get McCabe to step aside in Russia probe over conflict
- Kremlin says U.S. interfered in Russian affairs by condemning harsh tactics over Navalny protests
- Sidney Powell announces forming of 'Restore the Republic PAC'
- Supreme Court dismisses suits against Trump alleging he illegally accepted foreign gifts