Georgia declares Biden the winner of its 16 electoral votes
After certifying, then pulling back, Georgia certifies for Biden.
The Georgia Secretary of State has again certified Joe Biden as the winner of the state’s 16 electoral votes on Friday.
Earlier in the day the secretary of state issued a correction after having previously certified Biden as the winner, saying that they were still completing the certification process.
The state conducted an audit of the nearly five million votes cast. During the audit, several thousand previously unreported ballots were found. While they favored President Trump, they were not enough to change the winner of the state’s electoral votes.
President Trump continues to refuse to concede defeat, and has mounted legal challenges in a number of states that he lost.
News, Not Noise
- Johns Hopkins published then deleted an article questioning the U.S. coronavirus death rate
- State lawmakers seek to decertify Pennsylvania election results, citing 'substantial irregularities'
- 'Sooner the better.' Trump plans to take election case to Supreme Court, adviser says
- Kim Jong Un has locked down the capital & killed people in effort to keep the virus at bay
- Sidney Powell sues Georgia officials, alleging massive scheme to rig election for Joe Biden