Sen. Chris Coons wins Delaware Democratic Senate primary
Coons defeated Jessica Scarane during the primary contest.
Delaware Sen. Chris Coons on Tuesday defeated progressive rival Jessica Scarane during the state's Democratic primary.
The sitting senator appears to have scored a resounding victory, earning 73.7 percent of the vote compared to Scarane's 26.3 percent as of 10:11 p.m. EST.
Coons has spent nearly a decade working in the Senate since he began serving in 2010 after winning a special election.
News, Not Noise
- Activist warns Left, Trump might pick first black female justice: 'Be careful what you wish for'
- FISA court rules it is 'not empowered by Congress' to release attorney misconduct files
- A year after impeachment, Hunter Biden's Ukraine activities come home to roost
- 'Midnight Rockets': Whistleblower lawsuit reveals toxic releases by Ohio nuclear plant
- Trafalgar Group polls: outliers with uncanny knack for accurately sampling Trump vote