New poll shows Warnock with slight lead over Walker, with Election Day on Tuesday
The Georgia runoff is set to take place Dec. 6
Incumbent Georgia Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock holds a slight lead over GOP challenger Herschel Walker, according to a poll released Friday, four days before Election Day in the Peach State's Senate runoff race.
The CNN poll shows Warnock with support from 52% of likely voters, compared to 48% for Walker.
The 4-point edge is consistent with other polls and the RealClearPolitics.com polls average.
Warnock finished slightly ahead in the Nov. 8 election but failed to cross the 50% threshold, forcing the runoff.
The poll also showed the economy and inflation are the most important issues in the race, with 46% of respondents saying two issues will be the biggest factors in their balloting.
The CNN poll was among 1,886 registered voters with a margin of error of 3 percentage points, The Hill reports.
Just News, No Noise
- Ariz. secretary of state refers Kari Lake for criminal prosecution over tweeting voter signatures
- 'Little to no difference': Massive mask meta-study undermines remaining COVID mandates
- House votes on SHOW UP Act, GOP bill to return federal employees to workplace
- House to vote Wednesday on booting Rep. Omar from Foreign Affairs Committee
- Board of Trustees oust New College president as DeSantis revamps Florida education