Trump most popular US politician: poll
Pelosi's unfavorability is second only to Putin's
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former President Donald Trump is the most popular politician in the United States, according to a poll released Friday by Harvard CAPS Harris.
More than a quarter of registered voters said they viewed Trump very favorably, meaning that 42% of registered voters have "Favorable" or "Very favorable" views of the former president.
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) polled second to Trump with 40% of respondents viewing him favorably or very favorably.
Former Vice President Mike Pence came in third with 39% of those polled stating that they had a positive view.
At least half of all voters have disapproved of Trump since shortly after he became president. The Harvard poll showed his disapproval rating is at 50%, which is tied with Vice President Kamala Harris.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is the second least-favorable politician to American voters with 57% of voters expressing an unfavorable opinion of her.
Looking toward the 2024 presidential elections, Trump beat President Biden and Harris In hypothetical races.
Possible GOP presidential candidate Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis may have a difficult time beating Harris, as the hypothetical matchup shows her ahead by 2%.
Less than 30% of voters want Biden to run again, with 71% saying he should not run for a second term in office. However, six in 10 voters said Trump should not run for another term.
News, not Noise
- Kamala Harris casts tiebreaking vote as Biden’s massive spending and tax package advances in Senate
- Video shows children in Texas taking oath to be 'martyrs' for Iran's supreme leader
- Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act would increase taxes on nearly all Americans
- Even blue cities now want Biden to pay for cost of his open border policies
- Bernie Sanders slams Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act for failing to live up to name