Solid majorities see Democratic leadership as liberal, not moderate
Media have often portrayed Biden as moderate politician.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
A new Just the News Daily Poll with Scott Rasmussen shows that solid majorities of voters view Washington Democratic leadership as liberal instead of moderate, contrary to most news media portrayals of incoming President Joe Biden and Vice Kamala Harris as centrists.
Just 21% of voters survey in the poll rated Biden as "moderate," while a14% said likewise about Harris. Fifty-five percent and 65% of the voters rated those the politicians, respectively, as "liberal."
Just 15% of the voters viewed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi as moderate, while 58% see her as liberal. Half of voters saw Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer as liberal, as well.
Most news media outlets have largely portrayed Biden and Harris as left-of-center.
The website GovTrack in 2019 ranked Harris as its "most politically left" senator.
News, Not Noise
- First Trump declassified Russia document: Christopher Steele's 2017 confession to the FBI
- Trump formally declassifies Russia documents over objections of FBI
- Does Inaugural display symbolizing 56 U.S. states, territories signal Biden support for new states?
- President Trump says goodbye (for now) at Joint Base Andrews, vows, 'We will be back'
- Trump pardons Steve Bannon, rapper Lil Wayne in final wave of clemency