Tech CEO emails 10 million customers, tells them a vote against Biden is 'a vote against democracy'
Cites "unprecedented attack on the foundations of democracy itself."
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
David Barrett, the CEO for the financial and expense management company Expensify, emailed 10 million of his customers this week to urge them to vote for Joe Biden, telling them that refusing to cast a ballot for the Democratic candidate is tantamount to voting "against democracy."
Expensify customers began posting copies of the email on social media earlier this week. "You know what to do: Show up on November 3rd and vote for Biden," Barrett writes in the letter, claiming also that Trump is working to suppress the vote and that the election itself is "about the very foundation of our nation."
Barrett told CBS MoneyWatch this week that his company is "trying to do what we can to support and defend democracy against voter suppression."
"It wasn't done as a business calculation," he added. "But in the end, I think it'll be good for business."
News, Not Noise
- Sidney Powell sues Georgia officials, alleging massive scheme to rig election for Joe Biden
- Supreme Court strikes down Cuomo's COVID restrictions on religious services in New York
- Legal group files lawsuit challenging more than 200,000 ballots in Georgia
- Trump team says it's won hearings in Arizona, Michigan, Pennsylvania legislatures on voting concerns
- Sanctuary Outrage: Criminal alien arrested in two murders after California released him repeatedly