At least two dead following bleacher collapse at unfinished synagogue in Israel
In addition to the fatalities, more than 150 individuals were injured in the incident.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
At least two individuals have died and more than 150 have been hurt following the Sunday collapse of a bleacher at an unfinished West Bank synagogue, according to Israeli medics.
The Associated Press reported that the bleacher was full of ultra-Orthodox worshippers when the incident occurred and that a spokesman for Magen David Adom informed Channel 13 that paramedics had provided treatment to more than 157 injured individuals and pronounced two people deceased.
The incident occurred just weeks after a stampede at a religious festival in northern Israel that left dozens dead.
News, Not Noise
- Kingmaker? Trump has more than $100 million in the bank to influence 2022 elections
- Special Marine tactical force deployed twice in past month to protect embassies
- Kyrsten Sinema's bipartisanship gaining Republican favor
- Nearly 2 million households owe $15 billion in back rent as eviction moratorium expires
- Billionaire Brawl: Federal government denies Bezos claim of inappropriate space contract to Musk