Economic trust in GOP and Dems about equal -a worrying sign for GOP
39% of voters trust Democrats more than Republicans when it comes to the economy
June 24, 2020 - 10:37am
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
In a recent poll, 39% of voters trust Democrats more than Republicans when it comes to the economy. Almost an equal amount, 38%, trust Republicans.
Since the coronavirus pandemic, President Trump has been fighting an uphill battle when talking about the economy that is reflected in his shift from coronavirus containment to economic reopening. Some would note that this shift in trust to Democrats is a worrying sign for Republicans ahead of November elections.
However, drilling down deeper, there's another group of workers we don't hear from much: people who are engaging in person with others in the workplace.
What do these non-frontline workers think about the economy? If you ask these essential workers who are personally interacting with customers, 52% trust the Republicans over the Democrats. On the other side, 45% of workers with no personal interactions, those who work remotely and spend their days on Zoom calls, trust Democrats more.
Scott Rasmussen explores this discrepancy in his new Number of the Day podcast.
More info is available here:
News, Not Noise
- Vindicated? Trump-touted COVID-19 drug hydroxychloroquine works, according to new study
- House Democrat Schiff had intel back in February of Russian bounties on U.S. soldiers: report
- Congresswoman on reparations: It's America's 'responsibility to pay her debt' for slavery
- Major Pizza Hut, Wendy's franchisee files for bankruptcy
- New York county officials threaten to fine and subpoena people who won't speak with contact tracers