Nikki Haley says she will back Trump if he runs in 2024
"I would not run, if President Trump ran," said the former South Carolina governor and ambassador to the U.N. in the Trump Administration.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley says that she will support former President Trump if he chooses to mount a White House bid in 2024.
Haley, who has previously served as governor of South Carolina, indicated that she will not run for president in 2024 if Trump tosses his hat into the ring.
"I would not run if President Trump ran," said Haley. "And I would talk to him about it. That's something that we'll have a conversation about at some point, if that decision is something that has to be made."
"I had a great working relationship with him," Haley recalled. "I appreciated the way he let me do my job. I thought we did some fantastically great foreign policy things together. And look, I just wanna keep building on what we accomplished and not watch it get torn down."
Haley said the last time she had spoken to Trump was after the 2020 election but prior to January 6th.
Just News, No Noise
- Confronted by FBI abuses, Congress ready to add civil liberty protections to key surveillance law
- Culture of corruption exposed in trial centering on ex-Illinois House Speaker
- College wants to fire professor for 'dishonesty' of different opinions
- 70-car train derails, spilling hazardous materials in North Dakota
- 3 children, 3 adults, female suspect dead in shooting at Tennessee Christian school: officials