TC Energy confirms the nixing of the Keystone XL Pipeline Project
President Biden revoked a permit for the pipeline earlier this year.
Updated: June 9, 2021 - 9:08pm
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
TC Energy on Wednesday confirmed that it is nixing the Keystone XL Pipeline following President Biden's move to revoke a permit for the project during his first day in office.
"Construction activities to advance the Project were suspended following the revocation of its Presidential Permit on January 20, 2021," TC Energy said in a press release. "The Company will continue to coordinate with regulators, stakeholders and Indigenous groups to meet its environmental and regulatory commitments and ensure a safe termination of and exit from the Project."
The pipeline had already been partially constructed, the Associated Press noted.
Just News, No Noise
- J6 Unmasked: Security footage confirms Capitol door opened, allowing 300 to enter building freely
- GOP lawmaker excoriates Jan. 6 committee as new footage comes to light
- WATCH fateful moment senate door unlocks allowing hundreds in the Capitol on January 6th
- Biden bribery memo: Open investigation or game of keep away?
- Patrick Mahomes pulls Travis Kelce away from White House podium during Chiefs' visit