Trump has significant lead in election battleground states, CNN poll shows
Trump beats Biden on the economy issue nationally and in battleground states
While former Vice President Joe Biden leads among registered voters nationally, President Trump holds a significant advantage in battleground states key to election victory, according to a CNN poll conducted by SSRS.
Fifty-one percent of registered voters indicated that they are more likely to vote for Biden, while just 46 percent indicated that they would more likely vote for Trump.
However among battleground state voters the tables turned—just 45 percent said they would favor casting their ballot for Biden while 52 percent indicated they would more likely choose Trump.
In the battlegrounds Trump polls much better than Biden among men, with 57 percent preferring Trump compared to just 40 percent for Biden. But women favor Biden 49 percent compared to the 47 percent who favor Trump. At the national level 55 percent of women are more likely to vote for Biden compared to just 41 percent more likely to back Trump.
Trump beat Biden on the issue of who would best handle the nation's economy. While 54 percent thought Trump would be better, 42 percent favored Biden. In the battlegrounds Trump margin grew even larger, with 57 percent choosing him versus just 40 percent choosing Biden.
News, Not Noise
- Dakota Gov. Noem responds to criticism she backs job vaccination mandates, says banned 'passports'
- Trump owed $1 million in tax refund by Chicago, but state's attorney seeks to block refund
- Manchin plays spoiler to liberals once again, won't budge on filibuster
- Belarusian Olympic sprinter refuses to board flight from Tokyo, will not return to her home country
- Florida, Texas lead states' rights resistance against Big Tech and Big Government