CNN's Don Lemon condemns man calling rival Tucker Carlson 'worst human' while shopping with family
Lemon said he might have to defend the rival show host because "I would not want it to happen to me."
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
CNN host Deon Lemon is condemning the recent verbal attack on rival Fox News host Tucker Carlson while he was in a Montana fishing supply store with family.
The incident was captured in a 22-second viral video by the person who allegedly insulted Carlson, Dan Bailey.
In the video, Bailey seems to tell Carlson he is "the worst human being known to man" and continues bashing Carlson in front of his family adding, "I don't care that your daughter's here."
"Settle down, son," Carlson says as he walks away while Bailey questions, "Son? Don't call me son” and follows.
Lemon, whose political views differ sharply from Carlson's, said Monday night the encounter was an invasion of "personal space" and that he may "have to defend Tucker Carlson."
"Let me tell you this: I don't like it," Lemon said. "I don't like it when people do that because I would not want it to happen to me. But I have mixed emotions because Tucker has done this to people before."
It was unclear what Lemon meant by the statement, considering Carlson, as host of a commentary show, doesn't do field reporting and interviews.
"I think that what Tucker says much, much of the time is completely reprehensible and divorced from reality, but he has a right to be in a space and not be accosted and not be ambushed by anyone," Lemon said.
News, not Noise
- 'Actual malice': Courts greenlight Devin Nunes defamation lawsuits against mainstream media
- Defund-the-police firebrand Ocasio-Cortez gets protective police escort
- Ga. Election Board tosses complaint against Herschel Walker's wife, refers 12 others to state AG
- Trump sues New York Times and niece over story about his taxes
- Sidelined? Hundreds of Navy SEALS told they won't be deployed if they refuse COVID vaccine