Conservatives slam Fox News over transgender child segment: 'FOX is pro-mutilation'
Some called for everyone involved in the story to be fired.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Conservatives are criticizing Fox News for airing a segment in honor of Pride month about a biological girl who started identifying as a boy at 5-years-old.
"I have appeared on Fox News many times. I appreciate the platform they’ve given me. If what I’m about to say ruins that relationship, so be it," Daily Wire commentator Matt Walsh tweeted in response to the Fox video. "We have to call this evil lunacy out wherever we see it. Especially on our own side."
He focused on the fact that Ryland Wittington, now 14, has "a permanently altered body" and is "condemned to live forever with an identity imposed as a small child."
Walsh also called for everyone involved in the story to be immediately fired.
Daily Wire CEO and co-founder Jeremy Boreing made a similar comment criticizing the segment in a response to Bryan Llenas, the Fox correspondent who lauded the family for their "extraordinary courage." The reporter also thanked the family and said, "people are afraid of what they do not understand."
"You are almost certainly going to be fired today. Who else deserves to lose their job?" Boreing commented.
Former Trump assistant and ex-Fox News contributor Sebastian Gorka tweeted, "FOX is pro-mutilation of children."
"The video would be absolute despicable insane lunacy if I saw it on CNN or MSNBC," Ben Shapiro of the Daily Wire wrote in an op-ed. "To see it on Fox News is a complete betrayal of anything remotely resembling conservatism or decency."
Just News, No Noise
- National Archives admits over 1,100 Biden records pages at Penn office, lacks custody of others
- World Health Organization puts CDC on defense by drastically narrowing COVID vax recommendations
- McCarthy on Trump indictment: NY prosecutor 'irreparably damaged' America, Congress will intervene
- Durham bombshell: Prosecutor unveils smoking gun FBI text message, 'joint venture' to smear Trump
- Manhattan prosecutors secure grand jury indictment against Trump, thrusting nation into new turmoil