Media Bias: CNN's Brianna Keilar opines on Trump's focus amid coronavirus pandemic
"The president is focused more on sending troops to protect statues of dead Confederate generals than on protecting American lives," she said.
June 26, 2020 - 11:14pm
With the Neutral Zone Infraction, Just the News tries to do its part to maintain the line between fact and opinion in American journalism by blowing the whistle each week on an egregious example of slanted coverage by reporters. This week's offender: Brianna Keilar.
CNN host Brianna Keilar during a recent television segment sharply criticized President Trump over the issue of the coronavirus pandemic.
"More than 122,000 Americans have died in the last few months. This is more than every war since the start of the Korean War combined. And the president barely mentions them or their families, he doesn't even acknowledge the collective loss of the nation. Instead he turns the pandemic into a racist punchline for his rally goers to cheer," Keilar said.
"The president is focused more on sending troops to protect statues of dead Confederate generals than on protecting American lives. Sources say he personally asked to restore the only Confederate statue in the nation's Capitol as we, America, are in the middle of a massive racial reckoning."
Keilar's opinionated assertion about the president's focus falls outside of the realm of neutral reporting.
In addition to serving as a CNN anchor Keilar also writes a column called Home Front.
Just the News has attempted to reach out to CNN for comment.
News, Not Noise
- COVID-19 is close to losing its epidemic status in the U.S., according to the CDC
- Texas hospital CEO: COVID inpatient count 'misinterpreted,' level of alarm 'unwarranted'
- Liberals reserve tickets to Trump's New Hampshire rally to try making venue look empty
- Fauci omits context, feeds alarm with warning of 100,000 coronavirus infections a day
- Russian-born scholar: False allegations of affair with Flynn used as pretext for FBI probe