Media Bias: CNN's John Harwood delivers Trump-bashing opinions in online analysis piece
The president's character deficiencies have "inflamed enmity, division and hardship across the nation," declared CNN's White House correspondent.
June 13, 2020 - 1:56pm
With the Neutral Zone Infraction, Just the News tries to do its part to maintain the line between fact and opinion in American journalism by blowing the whistle each week on an egregious example of slanted coverage by reporters. This week's offender: John Harwood.
CNN White House Correspondent John Harwood in an analysis piece on Sunday harshly criticized President Trump's character, deeming him "uniquely ill-equipped" to cope with the nation's present challenges.
"Empathy, courage, vision, decency, candor -- these traits have yielded the presidential moments that resonate through history," Harwood wrote, citing an essay by Wall Street Journal opinion columnist Peggy Noonan in praise of Ronald Reagan, whom Noonan served as a speechwriter. "The evident absence of those qualities in Trump leaves him uniquely ill-equipped," Harwood continued, "to handle the intertwined challenges of a public health pandemic, economic collapse and racial conflict that the nation now faces. The results have inflamed enmity, division and hardship across the nation."
Harwood's blatantly opinionated comments clearly violated the fundamental journalistic tenets of fairness and neutrality.
CNN has not responded to requests for comment on this article.
News, Not Noise
- Vindicated? Trump-touted COVID-19 drug hydroxychloroquine works, according to new study
- House Democrat Schiff had intel back in February of Russian bounties on U.S. soldiers: report
- Congresswoman on reparations: It's America's 'responsibility to pay her debt' for slavery
- Texas hospital CEO: COVID inpatient count 'misinterpreted,' level of alarm 'unwarranted'
- Major Pizza Hut, Wendy's franchisee files for bankruptcy