Bias Watch: Magazine journalist calls senator 'one of the dumbest, worst people in America'
Olivia Nuzzi, Washington correspondent for New York magazine. made derogatory comment about Marco Rubio on Twitter.
March 30, 2020 - 11:12pm
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
New York Magazine Washington correspondent Olivia Nuzzi on Sunday night called Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio "one of the dumbest, worst people in America."
Nuzzi's motivation for tweeting her opinion about Rubio is unclear. But her Twitter post prior to launching the attack was a retweet of a BuzzFeed News reporter Rosie Gray who had criticized Rubio, also a 2016 presidential candidate .
Rubio said that some members of the media are happy to report on high coronavirus case numbers in the U.S. and Gray shot back, calling the notion "extremely stupid."
Just the News requested a comment from New York Magazine but has not yet received a reply.
CNN Global Affairs Reporter Elise Labott was suspended for two weeks in 2015 after she tweeted "Statue of Liberty bows head in anguish" in reference to the House passage of legislation "that could limit Syrian refugees."
News, Not Noise
- The FBI documents that put Barack Obama in the ‘Obamagate’ narrative
- Beating up the numbers: The loose definition and inflated tally of COVID-19 deaths
- Mnuchin: Coronavirus direct deposits payments coming 'within two weeks'
- McCarthy pulls endorsement of Republican House candidate for offensive social media posts
- CDC: Coronavirus fatality rate could be as low as 0.26%