'The View' suspends Whoopi Goldberg for two weeks after saying Holocaust 'not about race'
Goldberg is suspended immediately.
Liberal commentator and actress Whoopi Goldberg has been suspended from ABC's "The View" for two weeks after repeatedly claiming that the Holocaust was "not about race."
ABC President Kim Godwin on Tuesday evening called Goldberg's comments "wrong and hurtful." Goldberg's suspension is "effective immediately," Godwin said.
"While Whoopi has apologized, I've asked her to take time to reflect and learn about the impact of her comments," Godwin stated. "The entire ABC News organization stands in solidarity with our Jewish colleagues, friends, family and communities."
Goldberg was slammed by critics on the right and left for her comments after insisting that the Holocaust was "not about race" but between "two white groups." She also said the Holocaust was about "man's inhumanity to man."
"I said the Holocaust 'is not about race, but about man's inhumanity to man.' I should have said it is about both," she tweeted after receiving backlash Monday. "I stand corrected."
Just News, No Noise
- Chinese Communist Party-linked companies are purchasing U.S. military academies, congressman warns
- Hunter Biden demands investigations into reporting on his laptop, threatens to sue Tucker Carlson
- McConnell yanks GOP Sen. Scott from Commerce Committee after failed leadership challenge
- 'Little to no difference': Massive mask meta-study undermines remaining COVID mandates
- AZ Senate rocked by claims of election violations, as Lake presses appeal in challenge to 2022 vote