Just the News contribution terms and conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
To help further its mission to deliver accurate, neutral, fact-based journalism on its Just the News platforms, Bentley Media Group, LLC (“BMG”) has created the opportunity for supporters of Just the News in the United States to make a donation to BMG.
The following Terms and Conditions govern the relationship between each Donor (“Donor” or “You”) and BMG, including the terms by which BMG accepts donations or by which donations are refunded to the Donor. How frequently a donation can be made will be outlined in the following Terms and Conditions.
By making a donation, Donor agrees and acknowledges that:
- BMG accepts a donation as an irrevocable gift that may be used by BMG for any purposes in support of its operations. All donations made to BMG are subject to these Terms and Conditions, constituting a legally binding agreement between BMG and the Donor (the “Agreement”), entered into by each party under these Terms and Conditions.
- BMG may request additional information that it considers to be necessary or desirable to determine the provenance of the contribution;
- If the Donor refuses to provide the necessary requested by BMG under Section 6(a) and (b), , BMG may refuse and return the contribution to the Donor at its sole and unilateral discretion; and
- Any information obtained by BMG under the Section shall be considered “Personal Identifying Information” (“PID”) and shall be treated as confidential pursuant to State and Federal Privacy laws. You can read more about your confidentiality rights at http://www.justthenews.com/privacy-policy.
- Neither BMG nor any affiliated person, employee, officer, director or agent shall be liable for any loss suffered by any Donor or other person in connection with a donation, whether direct or indirect, including loss of revenue or profits, business savings losses, reputational damage, loss of use or data, and whether caused by negligence or breach of contract, except in respect of any liability for death or personal injury or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Donor and BMG in respect of any donations made by the Donor; and
MAKING A DONATION
- All Donors must be over the age of 18, registered in the United States and donate either as an individual or company. In addition, Donors agree to provide BMG with complete and accurate payment information at the time of making a donation.
- Donor agrees to pay a selected amount to BMG either in a one-off situation or on a monthly basis;
- If Donor chooses to want to pay on a recurring basis, the payments can be altered in the “Manage My Account” section once the Donor sets up his account online.;
- Donations can be made via a credit or debit card, Paypal, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, Apple Pay and additional methods provided on the donations page.
- Donors can make their contributions to BMG at the donation page located at www.justthenews.com/donate with each donation having an identifiable payment provider identification number;
- All donations will be processed by a secure payment provider who will in turn, disperse the funds to a designated BMG Banking Institution.
- Donations are individually refundable subject to Section 3 (“Donation Cancellations and Refunds”) below and will be accounted for separately by BMG;
- When a donation is processed, BMG will be legally and beneficially entitled to the full amount of the donation and the Donor has no entitlement to the return of a donation in any circumstances other than as specified in Section 3 (“Donation Cancellations and Refunds”) below; and
- The Donor shall receive no benefit in return for any donation and shall have no rights to influence the editorial policy or output of BMG.
DONATION CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
- BMG reserves the right to refuse and return any contribution at its own discretion and without cause, including without limitation where it believes that accepting the donation would conflict with the interests of BMG.;
- After making a donation, Donors have the right to request a refund, for a period of up to 15 days from the date the donation was made, by notifying BMG by email at email@example.com. Any refused and/or returned contributions shall be repaid into the account from which the contribution was made, and such refunds or returns are not assignable by Donor. Recurring contributions can be cancelled at any time, by emailing such a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation requests will be confirmed within 48 hours; and
- Any requests for a refund of a contribution received by BMG following expiry of the 15 day period will be ineligible.
Unless BMG creates an option for Donors to be able to publicize their donations, Donors are prohibited from publicizing their contributions across all forms of online and traditional media including television, podcasts, social media platforms and any/all marketing or collateral materials.
These Terms and Conditions are not intended to confer any contractual benefit on any person pursuant to the terms of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 and any failure of BMG to assert a right or provision under these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that right or provision;
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns regarding making a donation to BMG.