AOC tests positive for COVID shortly after being spotted maskless in Miami
She received her booster and is experiencing symptoms.
Updated: January 9, 2022 - 6:44pm
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) tested positive for COVID-19, shortly after being spotted vacationing maskless in Miami.
"She is experiencing symptoms and recovering at home. The Congresswoman received her booster shot this Fall, and encourages everyone to get their booster and follow all CDC guidance," her office stated in a press release Sunday evening.
It is unclear how severe her symptoms may be.
Ocasio-Cortez was spoted shortly before New Year's Eve in Miami with her boyfriend. She has criticized the mandate-free state of Florida in the past for being too lenient about measures regarding COVID-19.
Just News, No Noise
- IRS whistleblower provides Congress origins of Biden probe, evidence of political interference
- Arizona judge denies sanctions against Kari Lake and her legal team
- Biden, McCarthy strike tentative deal to slow spending and raise debt limit
- Texas House votes to impeach Attorney General Ken Paxton
- Appeals court reinstates religious challenge to COVID vaccine mandate for healthcare workers