Chip Roy to challenge Stefanik for House GOP leadership post but Trump continues to back Stefanik
"I support Elise, by far, over Chip!" Trump said.
Rep. Chip Roy will challenge Rep. Elise Stefanik to serve as the next House Republican Conference Chair, but former President Trump in a Thursday statement criticized Roy and continued to back Stefanik.
"Can't imagine Republican House Members would go with Chip Roy—he has not done a great job, and will probably be successfully primaried in his own district. I support Elise, by far, over Chip!" Trump said.
The leadership slot is vacant following Wednesday's removal of Rep. Liz Cheney who had previously occupied the post. Fox News reported that Roy said "if we're gonna have the vote tomorrow, then I'm running."
News, Not Noise
- YouTube suspends Real America's Voice for interview in which Trump says, ‘I never admitted defeat’
- The honeymoon is over for Biden as approval numbers drop, disapproval numbers spike
- 'No business doing that': Wis. official says Zuckerberg-funded group seized control of 2020 election
- 'Horrendous': Ga. audit lawyer demands full investigation into Fulton County's ballot irregularities
- Indiana University students compare COVID vaccine mandate to Tuskegee experiment in lawsuit