Musk endorses McCarthy ahead of third day of speaker votes
Musk endorsed McCarthy after he lost six rounds of votes for speaker.
Updated: January 5, 2023 - 9:36am
Twitter CEO Elon Musk on Thursday endorsed GOP Rep. Kevin McCarthy for House speaker, as the chamber enters a third day of voting.
"Kevin McCarthy should be Speaker," Musk tweeted, joining other prominent figures supporting the California Republican.
Former President Trump endorsed McCarthy on Wednesday, one day after the congressman lost three bids for speaker.
The House adjourned Wednesday evening after McCarthy lost six rounds of votes for speaker. His bid has been adamantly opposed by as many as 20 of the House Republican Conference's most conservative members.
Just News, No Noise
- Nearly everyone infected with COVID-19 at CDC event was vaccinated: agency survey
- Debt deal frays GOP unity McCarthy enjoyed since Speaker battle as prominent conservatives bolt
- As it runs out of space, iconic Arlington National Cemetery faces uncertain future
- Homeland sees ‘heightened threat’ of attacks on churches, cops and feds ahead of 2024 election
- Kohl's becomes latest department store found selling LGBT pride clothing for infants, children