GOP lawmaker seeks temporary U.S. asylum for Canadian truckers protesting COVID mandates
Nevada congresswoman says would temporarily grant asylum to "innocent Canadian protesters" being "persecuted" by their government
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
GOP Rep. Yvette Herrell says she intends to introduce legislation to grant temporary asylum to the Canadian truck drivers who are protesting the national government's COVID-19 mandates.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau last week grant his government additional, "emergency" powers to end the trucker "convey" and protests, having demonstrators arrested and their rigs confiscated, with the most high-profile incidents being in the capital city of Ottawa.
“Justin Trudeau’s heavy-handed crackdown against peaceful protesters in Canada is not the action of a Western Democracy, but that of an authoritarian regime like Venezuela,” said Herrell, according to the Daily Wire.
“Just as we provide asylum for political prisoners, we should do the same for truckers who have been subjected to violence, had their property confiscated, and their bank accounts frozen by a government that is quickly becoming the embarrassment of the free world.”
The New Mexico congresswoman also said the legislation would temporarily grant asylum to "innocent Canadian protesters who are are being persecuted by their own government."
Just News, No Noise
- Jordan Peterson announces World Economic Forum alternative
- New Jersey to investigate county election after votes counted twice
- West Point reimposes travel ban on unvaxxed cadets, despite repeal of military vax mandate
- Manhattan DA to present evidence alleging Trump paid Stormy Daniels hush money, report
- Rhode Island school under scrutiny for soliciting funds for cartel human smuggler